BSI Operational Procedures: Covid-19
- LOCATION: BSI Wellesley, 900 Worcester Street, Wellesley, MA
Here is what to do when you arrive:
- Everyone must wear masks at all times when inside the BSI building unless they are in the water.
- Follow the arrows straight ahead and past the reception desk. Make a left toward the pool. Halfway down the hall will be the main pool entrance into our WET CORRIDOR. One of our staff members will meet you at that spot. PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THE POOL. If no staff member is standing in the hall, then we are still sanitizing the facility. Please refer to the image for details.
Once you are at the front of the line, we will take your swimmer’s temperature and ask:
- Have you or has anyone in your household felt ill with fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, or loss of taste or smell within the past 14 days?
- Have you or has anyone in your household traveled internationally within the past 14 days?
- Have you been told by a healthcare provider that you should self-quarantine due to possible COVID-19 exposure or due to the appearance of symptoms?
If the swimmer is cleared to proceed, the accompanying adult will exit out the far door and the swimmer will enter the wet corridor and be directed to an area on the bleachers to place personal belongings. Masks must still be worn! Swimmers will wait at their designated space until we are ready to begin.
- What to bring:
- Filled water bottle. The water filling stations in the building are currently CLOSED
- Towel, cap, goggles
- Swimmers MUST WEAR a suit to/from the pool
- Flip flop, crocs or shoes that are easy to slide on and off
- Parka, additional dry towel to wear as a cover up when leaving the building
- Click here for information on Swimming Safely with CRA.
In addition to these guidelines, I would like to make you all aware of the following information so that you can tell your children in preparation:
- Your swimmer has been pre-assigned lanes. However, please inform your swimmer that they may shift lanes once I have a better sense of everyone’s skill set and goals and personal needs. I want to make sure each swimmer gets the most out of this opportunity, but I ask that you and your swimmers be patient, especially as we navigate the first few practices.
- We will have 1-2 swimmers per lane, and they will start from opposite ends of the pool to encourage social distancing. The swimmers MUST remain on their respective end (block end or bulkhead end), barring emergencies. This to ensure the health and safety of all. Swimmers can sit up on the side of the pool if they need a break, but only at their end of the lane. The practices will be structured so that swimmers end up on the correct side in between reps and sets. In addition, they must stay either on the right side or left side of the lane (NO CIRCLE SWIMMING), which will be designated once we have the lanes finalized.
- If your swimmer needs to use the bathroom during a practice, they can ask or signal to do so. However, there are only two stalls and therefore we can only have two swimmers in the bathroom at a time.
- For pick up:
- Please collect your swimmer at the Main Entrance.
- We will walk all swimmers out of the building keeping them socially distanced.
- Please park legally in one of the spaces. PLEASE DO NOT DOUBLE PARK OUT FRONT OR IN THE FIRE LANE.
- We will inform all swimmers to get our attention before disappearing into a car! Please do the same. A wave from your car is fine. We cannot block the entrance so it is imperative that you are in a legal space.