Rec Swim Team
Is your swimmer…
- looking for the camaraderie of a fun team environment?
- ready to take their instructional swimming to the next level with longer workouts and practice racing skills?
- hoping to try out for a USA Swimming team in the future*?
Coming this spring, CRA is introducing its own Recreational Swim Team! These coached workouts are structured to offer your swimmer the opportunity to increase endurance, practice racing and make new friends without the commitment of joining a USA Swimming team.
Swimmers can attend this program independently or in conjunction with their Technique & Tune Up workouts.
*Please note this program is not intended to advance a swimmer onto the CRA Dragon Swim Team and does not guarantee any participant a spot.
Ages 9-18 yrs
This is not a learn-to-swim program. Participants must have knowledge of all competitive strokes and be able to swim freestyle for 200-500 continuous yards.
April 3, 10, (not 17), 25
May 1, 8, (not 15), 22, 29
June 5, (not 12), 19, 26
Boston Sports Institute
900 Worcester Street
All workouts will take place in the Competition Pool with 25 yard lanes and 80 degree water.
HERE ARE THE BSI OPERATIONAL PROCEDURES FOR THIS PROGRAM:
- LOCATION: BSI Wellesley, 900 Worcester Street, Wellesley, MA
Here is what to do when you arrive:
- Everyone must wear masks at all times when inside the BSI building unless they are in the water.
- Follow the arrows straight ahead and past the reception desk. Make a left toward the pool. Halfway down the hall will be the main pool entrance into our WET CORRIDOR. One of our staff members will meet you at that spot. PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THE POOL. If no staff member is standing in the hall, then we are still sanitizing the facility. Please refer to the image for details.
Once you are at the front of the line, we will take your swimmer’s temperature and ask you to self attest to a list of statements.
If the swimmer is cleared to proceed, the accompanying adult will exit out the far door and the swimmer will enter the wet corridor and be directed to an area on the bleachers to place personal belongings. Masks must still be worn! Swimmers will wait at their designated space until we are ready to begin.
- What to bring:
- Filled water bottle. The water filling stations in the building are currently CLOSED
- Towel, cap, goggles
- Swimmers MUST WEAR a suit to/from the pool
- Flip flop, crocs or shoes that are easy to slide on and off
- Parka, additional dry towel to wear as a cover up when leaving the building
- Click here for information on Swimming Safely with CRA.
- For pick up:
- Please collect your swimmer at the Main Entrance.
- We will walk all swimmers out of the building keeping them socially distanced.
- Please park legally in one of the spaces. PLEASE DO NOT DOUBLE PARK OUT FRONT OR IN THE FIRE LANE.
- We will inform all swimmers to get our attention before disappearing into a car! Please do the same. A wave from your car is fine. We cannot block the entrance so it is imperative that you are in a legal space.