Children’s Group Lessons
With an emphasis on both water safety and stroke development,
CRA has a comprehensive approach to developing proper technique.
Distinctive in its approach to instruction, teaching emphasis at CRA is on proper technique as a solid foundation. This reduces the risk of injury and develops stronger, safer swimmers.
Specific skills define each instructional level in CRA’s unique approach. In this cumulative curriculum, instructors focus on achievement of these milestones in the development of technique for advancement. Our on-deck coaching support, small class sizes, and detailed progress notes on each swimmer ensure an individualized experience with proven results
CRA’s teaching environment fosters individual growth and achievement, motivating students to strive for excellence, while emphasizing cooperation and sportsmanship, educating not just the swimmer, but the whole person.
2020 – 2021 SCHOOL YEAR SEASON
Fall Group Swim Lesson enrollment will open as soon as we have clear instructions from the state and Board of Health.
Please stay tuned and watch for updates here, in our emails and through social media.
Thank you for your patience.
CRA SUMMER LESSON SESSIONS
Join CRA for our two week summer lesson sessions, Monday – Thursday for 8 lessons over the two week span at the Boston Sports Institute, 900 Worcester Street, Wellesley.
Ages 4 and up
Half hour lessons
Sign up for one or more sessions:
Session 1: July 13 – 23 FULL
Session 2: July 27 – August 6 FULL
Session 3: August 10 – 20 FULL
Session 4: August 24 – September 3 OPEN
Classes will be offered at:
for Safety and Health due to COVID-19
- BSI Wellesley, 900 Worcester Street, Wellesley, MA
- Please park and have ONE adult walk your swimmer(s) into the BSI building main entrance. Please DO NOT bring siblings to drop off. Please see images below for details.
- Follow the clearly marked path down the main hall to the end and take a left. Follow this hallway to the glass doors leading to the pools. Please see below for details.
- All persons MUST wear a face covering to enter the BSI.
- We will ask a few health questions and take your swimmer’s temperature.
- Please deliver campers dressed in clothes over their bathing suits and have them bring:
goggles (IMPORTANT! We will not be able to provide goggles), towel, plastic water bottle – FULL (IMPORTANT! All water fountains are shut off in the building).
- Swimmers must arrive and depart in their bathing suit. The changing rooms will be closed. Only toilets and sinks will be accessible.
- Parents/caregivers must exit the BSI after drop off. Spectator seating and our wet corridor viewing area are closed.
- Face coverings (provided by you) must be worn at all times outside of the water while inside the building.
- Grouping swimmers within the same household will be a priority.
- All swimming will occur in our smaller teaching pool measuring 23½ x 44 feet with a depth of 4 feet.
- All lessons/levels will be taught by an instructor from the pool deck. There will be NO instruction from the water. This step is a necessary health precaution for the safety of both staff and swimmers. However, water safety is a top priority so if any swimmer is struggling, our instructors and lifeguards would respond immediately as they would in any other water distress situation.
- For our youngest swimmers in Level 1, there will be platforms set up in the pool and lessons will take place on the outside lanes. Each swimmer will have their own barbell/noodle boat for the lesson which will be sanitized at the end of each lesson.
- Click here for more information on Swimming Safely with CRA.
- Please pick up your swimmer at Door #4 on the street-side of the building facing Route 9. Please see image below for details.
- Please remain in or near your car at pick up to maintain social distance.
We have always prided ourselves on delivering the highest quality lessons and we will continue to do so while complying with the new safety protocols.
CRA SCHOOL YEAR GROUP LESSON SEASON 2020-2021
INFORMATION COMING SOON
Sign up for one or more lessons per week
You are welcome to jump in at any time during the season.
Register for your class day and time and keep that spot going forward.
CRA school year season weekly group lessons run consecutively (with some blackout dates-click to view calendar) September through mid-June.
Billing will be monthly on the 1st and you are charged the same rate each month.
Tiny Tots, Splash, Level 1, 2, 3
Half hour lessons:
Levels 4, 5, 6, 7, & Adult | Full hour lessons:
CRA Group Lessons are offered at 3 locations:
BOSTON SPORTS INSTITUTE
900 Worcester St, Wellesley: 7 days a week
DOUBLE TREE at HILTON HOTEL
400 Soldier’s Field Rd, Boston: Monday through Thursday
WEST END HOUSE BOYS & GIRLS CLUB
105 Allston St, Allston: Sundays
All swimmers new to CRA age 6+ that are thought to be Level 2 or higher require an evaluation prior to registering.
Here is how to schedule an evaluation for your swimmer:
2) Email email@example.com with your availability