CRA Summer Camp 2020
CRA SUMMER CAMP 2020 IS CURRENTLY FULL.
PLEASE EMAIL REGISTRAR@CHARLESRIVERAQUATICS.COM
WITH YOUR PREFERRED WEEKS TO BE ADDED TO OUR WAIT LIST.
2020 CRA SUMMER CAMP at BSI Wellesley
With one full hour of instructional swimming each day in the CRA technical competitive based method your swimmer is sure to progress. Campers also enjoy fun daily free swim and themed activities and crafts.
July 6-10 FULL
July 13-17 – FULL
July 20-24 FULL
July 27-31 FULL
August 3-7 FULL
August 10-14 – FULL
August 17-21 FULL
MONDAY – FRIDAY
9:00am – 1:00pm
- Boston Sports Institute 900 Worcester St., Wellesley
- Swim Lesson groups arranged by skill level
- Swim Lesson size: 5 swimmers maximum per instructor
- Technical instruction ideal for beginners through swim team members.
- Camp is for children ages 4 – 11 only. For swimmers 12 years and older we recommend Technique Swim Academy at Harvard University
IMPORTANT CAMPER INFO:
ADJUSTMENTS TO 2020 SUMMER CAMP DUE TO COVID-19:
- Camp hours: 9am – 1pm
- Drop off: 8:45am (not a moment sooner) – 9:00am at BSI Wellesley, 900 Worcester Street, Wellesley, MA
- Please park and have ONE adult walk your swimmer(s) into the BSI building main entrance. Please DO NOT bring siblings to drop off. Please see images below for details.
- Follow the clearly marked path down the main hall to the end and take a left. Follow this hallway to the CRA table located at the glass doors leading to the pools. Please see images below for details.
- All persons MUST wear a face covering to enter the BSI.
- We will ask a few health questions and take your swimmer’s temperature.
- Please deliver campers dressed in their bathing suits and have them bring:
goggles (IMPORTANT! We will not be able to provide goggles), closed toe shoes (no flip flops, please), towel, sunblock, plastic water bottle (IMPORTANT! All water fountains are shut off in the building. Please supply enough water for your camper), healthy snack & lunch with an ice pack as there is no refrigerator.
- Campers must arrive and depart in their bathing suit. The changing rooms will be closed. Only toilets and sinks will be accessible.
- Parents/caregivers must exit the BSI after drop off. Spectator seating and our wet corridor viewing area are closed.
- Face coverings (provided by you) must be worn at all times outside of the water while inside the building.
- While outside, face coverings are optional per Massachusetts State Camp Guidelines.
- Campers will remain with their group and instructor throughout the week without interacting with other campers or instructors.
- Grouping campers within the same household will be a priority.
- All swimming will occur in our smaller teaching pool measuring 23½ x 44 feet with a depth of 4 feet.
- All lessons/levels will be taught by an instructor from the pool deck. There will be NO instruction from the water. This step is a necessary health precaution for the safety of both staff and campers. However, water safety is a top priority so if any camper is struggling, our instructors and lifeguards would respond immediately as they would in any other water distress situation.
- For our youngest campers in Level 1, there will be platforms set up in the pool and lessons will take place on the outside lanes. Each swimmer will have their own barbell/noodle boat for the day which will be sanitized at the end of each camp day.
- When not swimming, campers will maintain social distance while gathering with their group outside under tents for snack, lunch, crafts and games.
- In the case of inclement weather, campers will maintain social distance while gathering with their group in the spectator seating inside.
- Click here for more information on Swimming Safely with CRA.
- Please pick up your camper at Door #4 on the street-side of the building facing Route 9. Please see images below for details.
- Please remain in or near your car at pick up to maintain social distance.
We have always prided ourselves on delivering the highest quality lessons and we will continue to aim to do so while complying with the new safety protocols.
CRA camp complies with the regulations of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (105CMR430-00)
and is licensed by the Wellesley Health Department