Technique & Training Tune Up
ANOTHER OPTION TO CONSIDER:
SERIOUS SWIMMERS LOOKING FOR MORE POOL TIME?
Teen Lap Swim
Serious swimmers ages 14-17
Each swimmer gets a lane to themselves for an hour.
Get your workout in before your version of school starts or choose our afternoon or weekend options!
WHO IS THIS PROGRAM FOR?
Technique & Training Tune Up is for swimmers age 8+ that are proficient in all 4 competitive strokes and answer YES to one or more of these questions-
IS YOUR SWIMMER:
- On a team that is not in the water right now and wants to stay in shape?
- In high level lessons and wanting more time in the water to practice skills?
- Looking for an opportunity to swim for fitness?
- Not interested in competition but wanting to be in a swimming program and has done all they want to do with lessons?
- Hoping to improve skills and try for a team in the future but is not quite ready for a team right now?
This is not a learn-to-swim program. Participants must have knowledge of all competitive strokes and be able to swim freestyle for 200-500 continuous yards.
Choose one or more training schedules:
TEACHING POOL TUNE UP:
SUN 5:00-6:00pm or 6:15-7:15pm
COMPETITION POOL TUNE UP:
TUE 2:15-3:15pm or 3:45-4:45pm
WED 7:00-8:00am, 1:15-2:15pm or 2:15-3:15pm
THU 7:00-8:00am, 2:15-3:15pm or 3:45-4:45pm
- Technique & Training Tune Up is a CRA School Year Season program and will run consecutively (with some blackout dates-click to view calendar) September 14 through May 30.
Boston Sports Institute
900 Worcester Street
TEACHING POOL TUNE UP:
The Warm Pool measures 23½ x 44 feet with a depth of 4 feet and a temperature of 86-88 degrees.
COMPETITON POOL TUNE UP:
All workouts will take place in the Competition Pool with 25 yard lanes and 80 degree water.
Add as many workouts per week as you wish! These will be your days/times going forward through the School Year Season!
$100/month per workout option
- Billing will be monthly on the 1st and you are charged the same rate each month.
- Register for your session(s) and keep your spot going forward through the School Year Season.
- You are welcome to jump in at any time during the season and can discontinue by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with 30 days notice.
HERE ARE THE BSI OPERATIONAL PROCEDURES FOR THIS PROGRAM:
- LOCATION: BSI Wellesley, 900 Worcester Street, Wellesley, MA
Here is what to do when you arrive:
- Everyone must wear masks at all times when inside the BSI building unless they are in the water.
- Follow the arrows straight ahead and past the reception desk. Make a left toward the pool. Halfway down the hall will be the main pool entrance into our WET CORRIDOR. One of our staff members will meet you at that spot. PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THE POOL. If no staff member is standing in the hall, then we are still sanitizing the facility. Please refer to the image for details.
Once you are at the front of the line, we will take your swimmer’s temperature and ask you to self attest to a list of statements.
If the swimmer is cleared to proceed, the accompanying adult will exit out the far door and the swimmer will enter the wet corridor and be directed to an area on the bleachers to place personal belongings. Masks must still be worn! Swimmers will wait at their designated space until we are ready to begin.
- What to bring:
- Filled water bottle. The water filling stations in the building are currently CLOSED
- Towel, cap, goggles
- Swimmers MUST WEAR a suit to/from the pool
- Flip flop, crocs or shoes that are easy to slide on and off
- Parka, additional dry towel to wear as a cover up when leaving the building
- Click here for information on Swimming Safely with CRA.
- For pick up:
- Please collect your swimmer at the Main Entrance.
- We will walk all swimmers out of the building keeping them socially distanced.
- Please park legally in one of the spaces. PLEASE DO NOT DOUBLE PARK OUT FRONT OR IN THE FIRE LANE.
- We will inform all swimmers to get our attention before disappearing into a car! Please do the same. A wave from your car is fine. We cannot block the entrance so it is imperative that you are in a legal space.