Swimming Safely with CRA
The safety of all CRA patrons and staff is of the utmost importance. Operational plans are specifically designed to ensure social distancing and to create the healthiest possible environment for everyone.
The CDC has stated “there is no evidence that the virus that causes COVID-19 can be spread to people through the water in pools…” Chlorine inactivates the SARS-CoV-2 virus in water and the BSI Pools have an additional layer of protection—UV Filtration Systems—that kill the virus.
CRA carefully maintains the pools at the BSI, meeting all requirements as set forth by the CDC and the Wellesley Board of Health.
Additionally, CRA Staff adhere to a rigid schedule of regular sanitation of high touch surfaces.
In the interest of public health, we ask that all patrons adhere to the safety measures outlined here.
CRA staff will be stringent in enforcement of these expectations for safety.
- All patrons must wear a face covering to enter the natatorium at the BSI. This face covering must be worn at all times, with the exception of while swimming.
- All patrons must practice social distancing (at least 6 feet) whenever possible, with the exception of among members of the same household.
- All patrons will enter the natatorium at the BSI via the wet corridor and check in on pool deck.
- All patrons must be listed on rosters and swim only at scheduled times. No drop-in swims are permitted.
- At the point of check in, each patron will have his/her temperature taken with a no-touch digital forehead thermometer, and will be asked to self-assess with a series of short questions to confirm he/she and others in his/her household are not exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html) and have not been recently exposed to an infected individual. If a patron registers a temperature over 99.9 degrees, or reports symptoms or exposure, he/she will be immediately turned away and encouraged to seek medical attention.
- If a patron of CRA exhibits symptoms of COVID-19 while engaged in activity at the BSI, he/she will be immediately isolated and arrangements will be made for discharge.
- To manage social distancing, patrons will sign up in advance for specific times at which to swim and will be assigned a lane in which to swim.
- On deck bleachers and benches will be marked at 6 foot intervals to allow for social distancing.
- Patrons are asked to leave personal belongings on on-deck seating while swimming. CRA is not responsible for these belongings. Please leave valuables at home.
- Patrons are asked to arrive as close to assigned pool time as possible and to depart immediately upon completion of activity.
- Changing rooms at the BSI are closed except for access to toilets and sinks. Patrons are asked to arrive at the BSI in swim attire, ready to swim, and to towel off and depart the facility in a timely manner after swimming.
- Spectator seating is closed.
- All patrons must thoroughly rinse prior to swimming. On-deck showers are available for this purpose.
- Water fountains/bottle fillers are closed. Patrons are encouraged to bring a full labeled water bottle to the pools.
- Equipment is not available to borrow while swimming. Patrons must bring necessary equipment. This equipment may not be shared with other swimmers, with the exception of among patrons from the same household.
- When swimming, patrons must follow CRA staff directions for spacing, maintaining at least 6 feet of separation.
CRA asks patrons to stay home if not feeling well. (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/steps-when-sick.html)